I'm on medical leave today. Fever comes and go. I had a bad cold this morning. After I took the drugs prescribed by my GP.. accompanied by a long long sleep, Alhamdulillah the cold disappear. Just feeling a lil bit weak. I need fresh air.
I talked to ladylynn yesterday about child development. Since I am not pregnant (yet, insyaAllah), and I plan to have many many kids (if God wills it), I better start to learn how to be a good parent first. I am very interested about ADHD - attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. I come across quite a number of them although at the upper sec level, the signs and symptoms are not so obvious..
Ladylynn does the LSP programme.. which is a programme that is tailored for lower pri ppl that has learning disabilities or are showing signs that they have difficulty in adapting to the system. Ms Lynn told me that it is not a condition that results from poor parenting. There are no specific cause to ADHD but one of the reasons might be a fall during the gestation period. (Mummies to be .. pls take care). However, caretakers & parents of ADHD kids, need to practice a high level of good parenting to help their ADHD kids to adapt and overcome their conditions. Some signs and symptoms- the kids will squirm in their seats , hence failure to pay attention, screaming for attention- for example when he or she does not get what they want, being very physical- like playing with the door, the broom at the same time harrassing others without the intention of harrassing them. Very interesting.
I hope to learn more about this.. especially early child development. Ladylynn, can you tell me what is the title of the book and who is the author? I am also very interested in child behaviour management. Anyone wanna share anything?

<< Home