Monday, June 20, 2005

a short break

too short in fact. (huh .. 1 month too short?!!??) I had only 1 week. The first two weeks of the 1st semestral break was spent in school. My poor students got it worst. Some even declared their own break .. wahaha. Asal boleh je. Too busy. day after day. Lessons and camps. I dont really like june break. Now I'm left wif the last week. a few days. before the battle begins again. yikes !!

a wedding
At the end of the 1st week,on the 5th of June, I managed to squeeze in a trip to malacca. To attend the wedding of a very good friend whom i have known since I was in pri 4 (Or was it primary 3 ? ) all the way to JC. She decided to pursue her studies at UTM while I continued my studies locally. She found her love on the Penang bridge while doing her project, checking for some Global Positioning System of some things. Anyway, congrats Rabieah. Semoga mahligai yang dibina ini diberkati Allah dan sentiasa bahagia di samping suami hingga ke syurga. Amin.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

cherating- KL trip
First time ever, we tested our purple Kia to the limits by travelling a total of around 400++ Km. We went one day later than my sis and parents due to hubby's work commitments. The drive up was really challenging. One lane road. Overtaking vehicles in front of you requires a lot of guts and one has to be extra careful. Anyway, hubby insisted that I tried driving to get a feel of the roads. And drove I did.. It was an exhilirating feeling, especially after each time overtaking. From mersing to a few km before Kuantan, Pahang.. It was an unforgettable experience. Alhamdulillah, after driving since around 8 am, we reached The Legend Resorts at Cherating at around 2 + pm.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

after spending two nites there, we then headed to KL. One nite at KL. If you are familiar with KL, you would agree wif me that one nite is not enuff. I left KL feeling unsatisfied. It doesnt help having a 'disciplinarian' among us.. (that reads my father) whose idea of shopping is not spending more than 2 hours at any place.

Bintan
We reached home from KL on the 15th at around 7pm. 8 am next morning, me & hubby headed off to Tanah Merah ferry terminal for a romantic getaway. Initially during planning, we had wanted to go to Tioman. Luckily we didnt. If we had chosen Tioman instead, it will be another few hours drive and a few hours ride on the sea before we reach our holiday destination. Bintan was only 45 mins away. We stayed at Bintan Lagoon resort. A five star resort. Not bad. Great great food. But superbly expensive. Everything was in sing$. and there wasnt really anything else for u to do except to enjoy the resort facilities. Anyway, I managed to drag hubby to the spa. Hee.. some pampering done.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

for more photos.. check out the links at the side bar.
After the 5A class just now, I am free for the week. I wish to savour these last few moments of serenity and nothingness and refuse to think of work. To my students .. enjoy yr last few moments too .. before we head for battle next week. Here we go again..