Thursday, February 15, 2007

I had a great time today. At first, I dread going. I fear that my form class will misbehave or be rude to the old folks. After all these years, doing community work at the All saints home have never been very comfortable for me. However, today was different.

Some of the students in my form class were taught basic hairstyling / hair cutting and advanced hair styling. They have their own tools and are qualified to cut, colour and even rebond hair!

So they made use of their skills to cut the hair of the staff and the old folks at the home. The rest of them who did not have the hairstyling skills helped to cut and file the nails of the ah-ma and ah-peks while some helped put up the CNY deco at their hall. It was an enriching experience. The students' hairstyle trainer came down to give the students a confidence boost and help them out. I found out that she practices on her own from home at marine parade. Thank you teacher wendy for helping out the kids. They really enjoyed being around u and I think they are really good at this.

I even offered my hair to 3 of my students. Maybe invite them over one of these days to get my hair cut. You see , I saw what they can do and I like wat I saw ... so much so I am willing to give my hair for them to practice on. hehe .. ( anyone wanna join me? )

I am so proud of my class. They drive me crazy sometimes but at this point, they really give me a different perspective of leading an NT class.