Sunday, February 11, 2007

I tend to complain much these days and I realised that complaining takes up a lot of energy and after a while I get emotionally drained. Hence, I have decided to change my life style. Instead of complaining and wallowing in self-pity for every setbacks that I faced and am facing, I will (try to) focus on the positive consequences.

For example , when the O results came out recently, I was at first a bit disappointed looking at the % distinction. The management always have this rather silly practice of comparing the year's results to the previous years. And for 2006, the % distinction for sci for the 5N dropped by a lot compared to those in 2005. Of course I asked myself, what did I do wrong? Did I do my job properly? I read the list over and over again, and started calculating for individual students (5A & 5B ) . Alhamdulillah , quite a no of them are able to move on to the poly. Good courses I hope. One by one came over to thank me. I dunno why actually coz I think wateva good results they have, its due to their own efforts. not mine.. It felt good though. To see them moving on. That was when I realised that the % & numbers dont bother me. I reminded myself that the reason why I work in this line is that I wanna make a difference in their life. and somehow, even though my role was just a tiny one , it felt good to note that I did help make a difference in some. Again, I feel blessed. Thank you Allah for blessing me with such sweet students.

I also feel blessed to have a loving husband. After all these time ( and challenges that we faced), we are still so much into each other. More matured, insyaAllah. But definitely still having fun and enjoying each other's presence. I feel blessed that we still have the opportunity to travel and not worry about any other things (other than the finances of course) every june and dec holiday break..
Recently , I have this urge to attain an LV /Coach / Fendi. I was thinking that I probably could get one but that will be purely sinful to my pockets. Thanks to my husband who constantly brainwash me with his financial planning sermons, I think I have to be more practical and save up for a rainy day instead and keep myself from falling into the depths of more debts.

After doing some reflection, there are more things which I am very much thankful for. It definitely feels much better to focus on the good things. I realised that I live a blessed life indeed. Alhamdulillah..