I have been wanting to update, but didnt get the opportunity too. Alhamdulillah, finally done with the EUA form and submitted it before the deadline. EUA stands for excellent unit award for Red Cross. I have been wanting to go for it since last time but I did not have a single clue upon what it is. After completing one cycle of it, it's not so bad after all.
Now is the preparations for footdrill comp. Year in , year out , I will get the same problem again and again - cadets wanna back out from the squad. This yr , one actually did. She quit the cca totally. Its a point for me to reflect. More than 10 yrs ago , when I was a st. john cadet myself, I was so totally into it. At that point , there were no 5-day week . so day in , day out , saturday AND sunday was spent training. - footdrill , first aid and home nursing. I didnt complain err .. at least I tried not to. but I presevered and attended almost all the trainings. I still remembered how I treasured my saturdays and sundays where I had the time off to spend it at home. And mind you, the instructors those days arent really very kind.
However , those days taught me a lot of things. perseverance , discipline , punctuality - just to mention a few. (haha ... I drove my frens crazy when I actually turned up punctual most of the time and they drove me crazy when I end up having to wait for them. ) Now, when I look at my cadets, .......... totally different from what I had been . I learnt to lower down my expectations. but its soo exasperating. Can you imagine - 3 days a week ( mon , wed , fri ) about 2 - 3 hrs each time just for the month of january , and they are already complaining? *GRRR*.. fortunately, the footdrill comp is happening soon. This sat. Once this sat is over, that is one burden off my shoulders.
I also have 2 4 exp classes. 1 4 n(A) 1 4n(T) and 3n(T). Can u imagine the preparations that I have to do...... its like all possible graduating exams , I pa kah liao one .. dats y I have been feeling really stretched to my limits.. sigh.
Never mind.. I am learning to cope. hopefully after this yr, after all this, I become a better person than before and my stress limit will be higher ... SO glad that tuesday is ending. Wednesday is the middle of the week already! yippee
Retail therapy anyone?

<< Home