Sunday, October 08, 2006

Hazy days

The air is soo polluted these days. The badly needed oxygen polluted with tiny particles of unburnt hydrocarbon (and probably a small % of carbon monoxide too? ) Sigh. Nothing can be done coz like its really not any of our fault. Lets just pray for that haze to be blown away.

Back in school, I'm feeling a bit 'hazy' too .. I was discussing with Erlis about the students behaviour towards their studies. Mainly speaking, many of them are not responsible enough for their own learning. When they cant understand, when they failed, thats because the teachers anre not good. Dont understand what the teachers say. The teacher always not there. The teachers dont wanna help. Blah blah blah ... blame it on everything and anything except for themselves. Sad to say, nowadays, more and more parents bought their child's excuses. Lil by lil, they begin to beleive that its really true. Probably coz they refuse to admit that this is a consequence of their weak and failing parenting methods. *shrugs*

Last Fri, when asked why they never submit their nite study practice paper, one guy say, "I dunno where to get the papers. The teacher never tell me." Another - "oh , the teacher is not here. So we assume that we no need to hand in .."

Excuses. What did we do when we had lecturers who were foreigners and we cant even understand a single concept during the lecture? We went to get notes, beg for papers from seniors, scrimp and save to get thick textbooks or the least we will do is to ask each other and compare notes. At tertiary level, nobody will chase after u. U chase after ur own if u know wats good for u. To hell wif u. Watever u do, u answer your own consequence. In sec sch, its the teachers who have to give chase. remind. Stay and sit down wif you to make sure u do and master the concepts .. Its a lot of hand feeding , sayang sayang so that u do .. As a result, we ended up with a bunch of spoilt irresponsible brats.

Of course we are not talking about every single student .. I do have quite a no of responsible and competitive ppl who are working hard for their goals. To these ppl, I wish them all the best and I really am gonna go all out for them. But for the others ... err .. nothing else to say .. May the wind blow the haze away ... :p

oh , didnt realise that we are halfway through ramadhan until I heard Raya songs over the radio last nite ... (yippee??)