We finally moved ... from the 6th floor to the second floor.It was a crazy weekend packing the last minute loose things and it was simply crazy to transfer everything down to the new place. The renovations are almost complete. Contractors still need to do a bit here and there. I tell you .. my skills on sarcasm was put to good use especially when dealing wif contractors and interior designers. I am very irritated when i found a colony of ants ... travelling like as if they are on an expressway in my master bedroom due to a contractor's flaw of leaving a large corner exposed - unplastered and not-tiled hence creating holes for these crawly colonies to make their way out. Not to mention other major flaws .. grr..
3 days after the big move, I went up there again and there were at least 3 boxes and 3 big black plastic bags filled with things to bring down. Sheesh .. I hope no more things are left behind coz current dining room and living room are filled with boxes of things! That is AFTER we filtered out at least many many boxes + black bags of trash. Even the bangla ppl are coming after us. According to my mum, he knocked on the door and warned us not to throw things anywhere anyhow. Hello Bangla .. We made sure that we throw properly ok.. that is we left all the trash at the tong sampah! Ya .. the one at the bottom of the block. Apa saje lah dorang ni. Ni bangla nak kena pukulan aku jugak .. grr..
Anyway, when I looked at the empty old house, I felt a sudden nostalgic feeling that overcomes me.. For the last 17 yrs or so, that was where I spent my most wonderful teenage yrs.. , undergrad to a grad .. trainee teacher to a teacher , from single to blissfully married .. I remembered when I was 10 yrs old, I moved from my 1st home to the previous home, I felt very angry with my home. I 'scolded' my home during those first few days and I cried and cried . Now, the feeling is different. I am very excited to see my home. my new home. The home which I bought together wif my hubby.
No doubt that its very frustrating to deal wif contractors and Interior designers, but I have to admit it adds on spice to the experience. I cant wait to clear up everything and really live up to the design of the house. I cant wait to shop for accessories to add on to the empty corners of my home according to MY wants .. and not my parents .. (yay ! of course need to fight for my rights .. ) In the mean time... I have to clear the things. I wish I can just throw away everything ... and start from scratch.. but the thing about bringing along the ol folks is that you also have to bring along their ol stuffs .. anyway, I have up till tomorrow to clear everything. coz the contractors are coming in again on thursday to settle some unfinished business.
All these .. and I have to juggle my time also with the courses that I was signed for during this 1 week. To my 4G , 4H , 5A and 5B - please do your revision. In the case where u face some problems and need to query, do contact me on msn or sms.
To all my frens out there, my address still the same . only the unit no change. so, in case u need to find me, you can just stand at the sepak takraw court, face my block and shout for my name. I'll pop out my head and invite you up. :p give me a few weeks grace to get everything in order and in place.. sigh. I hope i get everything done up by puasa..

<< Home