2 weddings and a funeral
I attended a solemnisation ceremony last saturday of a Dunman family. Congratulations to Fadillah and Ansari. Semoga bahagia hingga ke syurga.


The nikah was held at Istirghfar mosque in Pasir Ris. Very simple and quick affair. I was looking forward to attending her wedding on sunday. After my wedding in 2004, Fadillah is the next Dunman-malay-wedding and I was so looking forward to feeling the atmosphere, mingling with the students from the guests' perspectives.
However, that sat nite we received news that Asyari's granddad has left us. I didnt really have a chance to know this particular granddad as he was already very ill when I became family 2 yrs ago. Even then, as a good grand-daughter-in-law, I have to be politically correct and accompany my husband throughout the whole funeral process.
Other than Fadillah's wedding, we had another wedding invitation- some family member from his side. When I say family it means just a name to the family tree. I dont really know the relations, but wedding invitations to his family is a big thing. Its like WAJIB- MUST GO- DONT GO DOSA -kinda thing. I was praying very very hard that the funeral processes finish at 12 plus so that me and hubby can rush to Fadillah's wedding. To my disappointment everything ended at ard 2 plus. Its no point rushing to my fren's wedding as I know the bride and groom will not be there any more by the time I reach there and furthermore, I have attended the nikah the day before thus I dont really feel guilty of not going. Cuma terkilan aje. Really wanted to share the joy . Feel the atmosphere . ya know.
Since we already decided not to go to one wedding, I assumed that we are not going to the other wedding. But I assumed wrong. we HAVE to go coz his mum , and two sisters "kirim" him. My husband sorta has to act as a representative for his whole family to go to this distant relative whom I really really dont know. We didnt even go back and change. So we kinda look like some outcast amongst the ppl at the wedding with our boring plain clothes (from the funeral) and hubbs with his wet clothes from the heavy rain at the cemetery. Luckily the beryani Dam was superb. So to supress my "bingitness" I sorta treat it like getting a nice lunch meal at a void deck.
The malay community should really look at this wedding culture ya know. Weddings should be attended by close frens, family. Direct family. Not the whole family tree! After two yrs of marriage, I still cannot adapt to his family practices when it comes to weddings. It seems like weddings are meant to be attended coz it is 'politically correct' to attend instead of sharing the joy and happiness of the couple. It makes matters worst when u have a car to ferry ppl around ya know. Out of four siblings, the-one-with-the-private-transport and the-one-without-any-children-to-fuss-abt always do not have a reason not to go. THAT is very frustrating. Thus I look forward to weekends where MY SIDE has a wedding. Nowadays I make it a promise to myself that I will accompany ( and drive ) my own mum to any wedding she has. Its only fair to my side I feel :p
some weekends are really stressful. However, some sort like to make up for the bad day, he belanja me to the Davinci Code movie. The movie is as kewl as the book. Am really glad that I completed reading 3/4 of the book before watching the movie. If not, I doubt I can understand and feel the geez of the movie. I think Dan Brown is such an intelligent author. The story opens up a lot of questions for me. I think I wanna drop by Darul for some books to find answers to my qns..

<< Home