Sunday, July 04, 2004

kitchen fight

Some of my friends who had to live with their parents for a while before they get to move out, always complained that one of the reasons that they refrained from cooking was because of the fact that their kitchens are usually mum's terrain. They did not have the freedom to move about freely as they are always restricted by the watchful eyes of the mums who would comment on anything and everything that they do.

Today, I experienced the very same thing that those friends had described. Except that instead of having mums , I have to deal with dad-> who is 1000x more difficult than mum. Chicken rice has never been soo difficult until today. I totally gave up and hand up the pots and ladles for him to use to his discretion. At least it gave me time to spend that hour on watching the TV. So its a win-win situation. hehe.

However... I longed to have total freedom of having everything I can call my own..